Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions about website construction
What is web development?
Web design is the process carried out by web designers who, through the combined use of technology, aesthetics and imagination, compose a digital content with a specific architecture and technical characteristics, which can be accessed using a browser. The content usually includes text, colours, graphics, infographics and multimedia.
Why do I need a website?
Nowadays the construction of a website is a one-way street for a business or individual. In fact, it is so important that it should be the immediate priority for a company that respects itself and its customers.
So let’s analyze the reasons for building a website:
- Creating a website is very affordable for a business while having a great return on investment.
- You are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The visitor finds what he wants, when he wants it, easily and simply.
- The website is the image of your business on the internet and believe us it is extremely important.
- You achieve a significant increase in customer base and sales. It helps significantly in achieving your goals.
- Create your Brand name and consolidate your business against the competition.
- It is an excellent way to communicate, advertise and promote your services and products.
- Better and more efficient customer service resulting in loyal customers who follow you and prefer you.
How much does a website cost?
The correct answer to this question is… it depends! It sounds trite but it’s true. Every project, every business is unique and has different needs. In general the
is very economical and its cost is very affordable considering the importance of a website for a business or company.
Each website should be unique and exactly tailored to the client’s needs, not the website builder’s.
The cost of a website is determined by many factors such as the type of website, the hosting, the technologies to be used, the design, the graphics, the features to be integrated, the client’s requirements, the volume of information and many others.
So to summarize, we will tell you that the cost of a website is very affordable but not standard. After discussion with you, research and analysis, the best price for an excellent result will be obtained.
What is the cost of maintaining a website?
- Domain name cost (www.to-domain-sas.gr) which has a charge of 20-25 euros per two years for .com or .gr domains. For some other extensions (tld’s) e.g. .eu, .org, .net the price may vary. For the exact cost you can visit a registrar like papaki.gr.
- The Hosting or otherwise the hosting of your website on the server at a cost ranging from 40-150 euros per year. The difference in price lies in the characteristics of the server such as the MB of memory, the speed of the processor, the hard disk storage space etc.
- The installation and configuration of SSL. Now according to Google, every website must have an SSL security certificate or Chrome will display a message that your website is not secure. The cost for a simple SSL ranges from 30 – 60 euros.
- Any changes or additions to your existing website are priced separately but always at very friendly prices and of course after consultation with you.
- SEO or otherwise website promotion. The SEO of a website is an integral part of website building.
What are the characteristics of a successful website?
1. Beautiful Design – Professional Design
A successful website should definitely be beautiful. An impressive design is extremely important for a better user experience. Better user experience means more traffic, and more traffic means better rankings in Google’s organic results.
A website should be functional, easy to use and easy to navigate even for the most novice user. It should be easy for the visitor to find the information they need and easy for them to contact you.
3. Excellent content
A successful website has excellent, useful and relevant content to its subject matter so that the user is satisfied with the reason for visiting it.
4. Responsive design and loading speed
A modern website should be completely friendly to all mobile devices such as tablets, smartphones & iphones while it should have a fast loading speed.
The security of a site’s users is of paramount importance. Security standards should be strictly followed, such as the installation of an SSL certificate, which secures the user’s data and information (credit card details, emails, names, etc.) from interception.
How long does it take to complete a website?
The time required to build a website depends on:
– the type of website (e.g. e-shop, business website, online catalogue, blog etc.),
– the volume of information that needs to be entered,
– the number of languages to be translated,
– the degree of difficulty of the project,
– the technologies to be integrated, etc.
Therefore, the correct estimation of the construction time of a website can only be made after consultation with you and the full understanding of the needs of your business.